Friday, May 15, 2009

Hope Lodge




Living in an historic area provides many opportunities to go back in time.  I was driving by Hope Lodge on a Saturday afternoon and looked over to see tents, smoke rising from fires, men in dress from a time period two hundred years prior and the sound of cannons firing. I gave immediate thanks that I never travel without my camera! The men and women involved in the Revolutionary War reenactment are truly dedicated.  No matter what the weather, they camp outside.  There is such attention paid to recreating every detail in the uniforms and dresses.  All are hand made and very expensive.  Wood is cut, soup put over the flame to cook...all done following the same lifestyle of our forefathers and mothers.  I have to admit, I have a strong affiliation with my warm bed and a hot shower which inhibits me from signing up, but I am happy to photograph people with such a love of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment